You may receive two billing statements for the same services, because care at Moores Cancer Center frequently involves two kinds of charges:
- Professional fee (for the physician), billed by UC San Diego Medical Group
- Facility fee (services, pharmacy, procedures, lab, and hospital), billed by UC San Diego Health System
- When you check in at the main lobby's information desk, let the receptionist know if your insurance coverage or your address or phone number has changed since your last visit.
- All copayments are due at the time of service.
- You are responsible for any portion of your medical fees not covered by insurance. Please check your insurance policy, coverage, benefits, and copayment responsibility with your health plan prior to your appointment. The customer service number is located on the back of your insurance card.
- If you have questions about your account with the Moores Cancer Center, contact the UC San Diego Health System billing office, 855-827-3633, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Note this number will only be able to help you with questions regarding your bill and statements. Please contact your insurance company directly for insurance coverage, verification, and copayment information.)
- If you are having difficulty paying for treatment, please contact the patient service representative for assistance: 858-822-6177. You can also see a list of Financial Assistance programs.
Pay online with MyUCSDChart
MyUCSDChart already allows patients to request appointments, refill prescriptions, read test results and communicate with providers. Patients can now view balances and pay online for both hospital and medical group billing. You can also contact customer service representatives through a message form in a secure online environment. Set up your account at MyUCSDChart.ucsd.edu, and look for Billing in the left sidebar.
Go to MyUCSDChart