Urologic Cancer Unit
Moores Cancer Center now uses genetic testing to analyze tumors and tailor cancer treatments to individual patients.
See Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy.
The UC San Diego Moores Urologic Cancer Unit offers leading-edge approaches to the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of urologic cancers and other genitourinary diseases. Because urologic cancers often require a variety of treatments, we use a multidisciplinary — or team — approach involving urologic surgeons, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists. We have the clinical knowledge and collaborative approach to provide you with the optimal therapy based on your unique case.
Urologic Cancer Unit:
Use the links at left or below to see short video clips, specific treatment options, clinical trials and more in urologic cancers at UC San Diego Moores Cancer Center.
Background on Urologic Cancers
Read about symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis and general treatment information.
As a patient, you have access to some of the country’s leading urologic cancer experts and a wide range of cancer care services, including:
- Screening examinations
- Transrectal ultrasound and biopsy
- Diagnostic imaging
- Second opinions for those with a diagnosis of urological cancer
- Access to new or investigational treatment regimens
- Personalized psychosocial assessment and support program
- Management of treatment-induced changes in urinary control or sexual function
- Financial and insurance counseling
- Cancer nutritional counseling
- Risk and prevention genetic counseling
- Surgical options to preserve urinary continence, fertility, and sexual function for selected patients with cancers of the bladder, testis, and prostate
Are you eligible for a prostate cancer study?
UC San Diego is recruiting men with prostate cancer for Men's Eating and Living Study (MEAL) to help us understand how diet might affect prostate cancer outcome. Learn more.
For more information or to make an appointment:
Contact the Urologic Cancer Unit