Transgenic Mouse: Getting Started
Where do I start?
So you want to make a transgenic or knockout line? Here's what you'll need to have before we can begin work on your project:
- Approved animal protocol in place
- DNA prepared using protocols provided by Core
- Plan in place for screening ES cells (for KO)
- Assigned animal space as destination for mice
- Plan in place for screening pups
- Trained personnel to breed mice, cut tails, and screen DNA
- UC San Diego index number or an off-campus purchase order
- UC San Diego Transgenic Core Request For Services
If you require a support letter from the Transgenic Core for your grant submissions, please contact MellonAdmin@ucsd.edu.