Laser Capture Microdissection: Protocols
How to use the facility
- Before starting an experiment, consult facility manager Kersi Pestonjamasp about the best way to proceed with sample preparation, dissection and analysis.
- Set up a time for training. You may arrange for consultation and training on the same day.
- Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. A minimum of 24 hours notice is required to book the instrument for regular use after you have completed training. The initial setup includes 4 hours of consultation and training and another 4 hours of free use (see pricing information).
- A UCSD index number will be required for first-time users for billing purposes.
- New users to the resource should also register online before using facility.
- Booking may be done via e-mail to email@example.com or by phone, (858) 822-3895.
For carrying out microdissection
- Investigators bring their slides with stained sections, and collection tubes to the facility for microdissection
- After the initial training, investigators carry out their dissections themselves. Technical help is provided if needed during the microdissection.
- Cut samples are processed and analyzed by the investigators.
Please see Sample Preparation for more information.