Biostatistics / Bioinformatics
See the Biostatistics/ Informatics Group website.
Schedule a consulting appointment
To schedule an appointment, use these request forms:
Karen Messer, Ph.D.
Professor, Division of Biostatistics, Dept. of Family & Preventive Medicine
Emily Pittman, Ph.D.
Email: email@example.com, Phone: (858) 246-1595, Mail Code 0901
Room 3037, Moores Cancer Center
- Data analysis and interpretation for Cancer Center research projects using contemporary statistical and bioinformatic methodologies
- Development and support of electronic data capture systems for investigator-initiated therapeutic clinical trials, observational studiens, patient registries and other needs
- Statistical / Bioinformatics expertise in study design, including research proposal development, sample size determination and power calculation, and analysis plans.
- Development of study-specific databases to support Cancer Center research. Develop and maintain these databases in a uniform manner.
- Methodologic research in cancer-related biostatistics and bioinformatics to support Cancer Center projects
- Education in biostatistics and bioinformatics to graduate students, oncology residents, fellows and Cancer Center investigators.
- Discussion of miscellaneous statistical questions of all types
The Biostatistics/Bioinformatics Resource (BBR) collaborates on protocol and grant development, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript preparation, and database development for cancer-related research projects. As a service to its members, the Cancer Center provides this support for peer-reviewed cancer-related research with out charge, for shorter-term projects. Projects which develop into longer-term collaboration or which are used to apply for external funding will be asked to include support for the BBR.
We are required to recharge for service to non-Cancer Center members, longer term collaboration, or non-peer reviewed projects. Our hourly rate is $84 per hour for UC members and $200 per hour for non-UC members, and we are happy to discuss the cost of your project.
- Karen Messer, Ph.D., Director, Biostatistics
- Tony Chen, Software Programmer and Analyst
- Lei Bao, Ph.D., Informatics
- Charles Berry, Ph.D., Biostatistics (Emeritus)
- Sonia Jain, Ph.D., Biostatistics
- Sriram Krishnan, Ph.D., Senior Distributed Systems Researcher and IT Lead
- Robert Lee, Software Programmer and Analyst
- Hongying Li, Ph.D., Senior Statistician
- Loki Natarajan, Ph.D., Biostatistics
- Emily Pittman, Ph.D., Project Manager
- Minya Pu, M.S., Principal Statistician
- Martha White, M.S., Programmer and Data Analyst