You may receive two billing statements for the same services, because care at Moores Cancer Center frequently involves two kinds of charges:
- Professional fee (for the physician), billed by UC San Diego Medical Group
- Facility fee (services, pharmacy, procedures, lab, and hospital), billed by UC San Diego Health System
- When you check in at the main lobby's information desk, let the receptionist know about any changes in insurance coverage since your last visit or changes in your address or phone number(s).
- All copayments are due at the time of service.
- You are responsible for any portion of your medical fees not covered by insurance. Please check your insurance policy, coverage, benefits, and copayment responsibility with your health plan prior to your appointment. The customer service number is located on the back of your insurance card.
- If you have questions about your account with the Moores Cancer Center, contact the UC San Diego Health System billing office: (800) 755-1533
- UCSD Medical Group Billing Office: (619) 543-3000
- If you are having difficulty paying for treatment, please contact the patient service representative for assistance: (858) 822-6177. You can also see a list of Financial Assistance programs.
Please note: The above contact numbers will only be able to help you with questions regarding your bill and statements. Please contact your insurance company directly for insurance coverage, verification, and copayment information.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.