Patient and Family Resource Center
The Patient and Family Resource Center (PFRC) offers:
- The most up-to-date cancer information for patients, families, and the community.
- Informative brochures, videos, and books (in English and Spanish) to help you learn about your cancer diagnosis, treatment options, managing symptoms and side effects, clinical trials, nutrition, coping, caregiving, and self-care.
- Computers with Internet access to the most comprehensive and credible websites for cancer information and community resources.
- Various comfort items such as lap blankets, pillows, hats, and wigs.
- Trained volunteer staff, many of them cancer survivors.
Hours: Open daily; hours vary
Location: Moores Cancer Center, Room 1066, on the first floor just to the left of the lobby elevators (map)
What's Going On?
How to Volunteer
Many PFRC volunteers are cancer survivors, or friends or family members of survivors. Others are giving individuals who recognize the need to help others during a time of need. These special people have a unique perspective on the cancer experience and can provide our patients with valuable information and resources. All volunteer candidates are interviewed and given extensive training to work in the PFRC. If you are interested in being a part of the PFRC program, please contact the UC San Diego Health System's Volunteer Services office.