Southwestern Chicken Dinner (Quick)
Notes: This nourishing dinner is very quick to prepare. It's both colorful and flavorful, with plenty of fiber from the vegetables and beans.
- 1/2 lb. corkskrew pasta (fuselli or rotelli), cooked
- 1/2 lb. pkg. frozen spinach (loose, not block)
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 6-oz. pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1 12.5-oz. can chicken breast (2 cups cooked chicken)
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatores with jalapeno peppers (3.5 1/2 cup svgs)
- 2 oz. aged cheddar cheese (full-fat)
Prepare pasta. While pasta is cooking, saute mushrooms in olive oil until barely golden. Add tomatoes, spinach, beans, and chicken breast. Simmer together for about 10 minutes. Serve sauce over pasta. Top with cheese. Serve.
Makes 4 portions. Each portion provides about 510 calories, 44g protein, 10g fat, and 11g fiber. Count each portion as 3 vegetable servings.