The Moores Cancer Center Infusion Center is where chemotherapy treatments are received. The Infusion Center also provides:
- Biological therapies
- Blood transfusions
- Hydration and electrolyte replacement
- Blood draws from central lines
- Dressing changes
To make your visit as comfortable as possible, we have TVs at every station, as well as books, playing cards and puzzles. We have wireless access and encourage you to bring your laptop to help pass the time. A refrigerator and microwave are available, so feel free to bring your snacks or a lunch. Guests are also welcome to join you in the Infusion Center. You and your guests are invited to visit our outdoor Healing Gardens.
- Check in at the front desk in the Infusion Center. A medical assistant will escort you into the center at your scheduled appointment time.
- The Infusion Center is staffed by certified physician assistants (PAs) and nurse practitioners (NPs). Certified research nurses are available for patients enrolled in clinical trials. Authorization may need to be obtained from your insurance company prior to beginning treatment.
- Appointment duration varies by type of treatment. When you schedule your appointment, ask for the approximate amount of time it will take so you can plan accordingly.
- If you are having lab tests performed on the same day as your treatment, your infusion center appointment time may be longer due to the time required for lab analysis and test results.
- Dress in comfortable clothes and bring a sweater or jacket.
- If you have a central venous access device, such as a portacath or PICC line, blood draws will be done in the Infusion Center.
On the 1st floor to the right of the lobby elevators, past the pharmacy. Proceed through the double glass doors into the reception area.
- Monday – Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Weekends: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Main telephone number: (858) 822-6294
After-hours on-call physician: (858) 657-7000
Infusion Center in Hillcrest
Hydrations, blood transfusions, electrolytes, antifungals, Remicade, Zoledronic Acid, Pamidronate, Iron, Fabrazyme, Cerezyme, IVIG, single dose antibiotics, port flushes, PICC line care and phlebotomy.
UC San Diego Medical Center, 9th Floor, Room 926
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Main telephone number: (619) 543-2639
Contact the Infusion Center
- La Jolla (at Moores Cancer Center):
- Hillcrest: 619-543-2639