Brain Tumor Center
Moores Cancer Center now uses genetic testing to analyze tumors and tailor cancer treatments to individual patients.
See Center for Personalized Cancer Therapy.
We provide a compassionate team approach to patients with primary brain tumors or neurologic complications of cancer.
- Neurological evaluations, MRI scans and pathology review
- Consultations with neuro-oncologists to develop treatment plan
- Rapid referral to other specialists
- Brain Tumor Board that reviews cases and develops coordinated management plan
- Conformal Fractionated Stereotactic Radiation Therapy
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Image Guided Surgery
- Linear Accelerator Radiosurgery
- Skull Based Microsurgery
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Stereotactic Radiation
- Trans-sphenoidal surgery
We are also one of only a few sites offering a clinical trial for the NovoTTF-100A device as a non-invasive treatment for recurrent glioblastoma multiforme (GBM). For more information, see Treatments.
At the Forefront of GBM Research and Treatment
Glioblastomas are the most common and lethal form of brain tumor because they become resistant to treatment. UC San Diego researchers may know why — a discovery that could lead to more effective therapies. Learn more. Or link to GBM treatment info:
Conditions treated at UCSD
- Acoustic neuroma
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Brain metastases
- Cavernous angiomas
- Glioblastoma multiforme
- Medulloblastoma (PNET, primitive neuroectodermal tumor)
- Pineal tumors
- Pituitary tumors
For more information or to make an appointment: