Social workers are available to our patients and their caregivers, from diagnosis through treatment. Each member of our team is a trained and licensed clinical social worker who provides for the psychological, social, emotional, spiritual, and practical needs that may arise during treatment.
Social workers can assist with:
- Multidisciplinary consultation
- Brief and supportive counseling for patient and families
- Adjustment to illness
- Crisis intervention
- Assessment, stabilization and referral
- Liaison for community resources
- End-of-life issues
- Quality of life issues
- Family meetings
- Patient education
- Coping skills
- Communication with healthcare team
For a referral to a Moores Cancer Center social worker, talk to your nurse or doctor or call (858) 822-5381. Social workers are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, except holidays. Services are free.