Healthy Eating Program: Personalized Nutrition Counseling by Telephone
The Healthy Eating Program offers a personalized telephone counseling program designed to help you adopt a diet that will promote health and fight disease. Based on research conducted at UC San Diego, our dietary counseling program has been proven successful with over 3,000 participants.
- Convenient - counseling calls by telephone scheduled to suit your busy lifestyle.
- Detailed - in-depth analysis of your food and nutrient intake.
- Personalized - guidance from your own dietary counselor.
- Individualized - counseling tailored to meet your own eating preferences.
- Practical - suggestions on HOW to change your eating behavior.
- Satisfying - easy recipes and tips for purchasing and preparing tasty meals quickly.
- Enjoyable - enjoy delicious foods rich in the nutrients your body needs.
- Proven effective - successful with over 3.000 participants.
A nutritious diet can help you look and feel better, and also help in weight control. All consultations are by telephone and each participant has a personal dietary counselor. The program is focused on simple, healthy, inexpensive, and delicious foods that are readily available. Specialty food products and/or dietary supplements are not necessary for participation.
Dietary analysis with mailed report and consultation
- 2 calls (20-30 min/call). First call with dietary assessor to record your dietary intake. Second call with dietary counselor to discuss results. (See sample of results.) Included mailed report with detailed analysis.
Personalized one-on-one counseling (4-call package)
- 4 calls with dietary counselor (30-40 minutes/call) in 3-4 weeks. Includes education materials and self-monitoring tools.
Personalized one-on-one counseling (8-call package)
- 8 calls with dietary counselor (30-40 minutes/call) in 12 weeks. Includes education materials and self-monitoring tools.
Comprehensive program (personalized counseling and detailed dietary analysis)
- 2 calls, including mailed reports with detailed analysis (at beginning and end of program so you can measure change). 9 counseling calls (30-40 minutes/call) in 12-16 weeks. Includes education materials and self-monitoring tools, plus our book, "Food for Thought: Healing Foods to Savor"
To register, download a copy of the Registration Form and Waiver. Mail these completed forms, along with your payment, to the UCSD Healthy Eating Program, 3855 Health Sciences Drive, 0901, La Jolla, CA 92093-0901 or fax them to 858-822-6896. Upon receipt of these completed forms with your payment, program staff will contact you to get started.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is focused on supporting good health and is not intended to treat medical conditions. For medical nutrition therapy, we encourage you to request a referral to the registered dietitian affiliated with your health care organization. You can also locate a registered dietitian in private practice in your area by going to www.eatright.org and clicking “Find a Nutrition Professional” in the upper right corner of the webpage.
Contact the Healthy Eating Program