Food for Thought: Healing Foods to Savor
This book will inspire you with practical tips on how to purchase and prepare delicious food with eye appeal that will nourish your body, protect your health, and nurture your spirit.
Second edition now available
The second edition of this cookbook by Sheila Kealey and Vicky A. Newman, with Susan Faerber, is now available.
Order Online Now
About the cookbook
Recipes feature vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes, which have long been recognized as good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. New research suggests that many of these plant foods contain other healing substances including phytochemicals (plant chemicals). These phytochemicals help protect plants from disease, and studies are revealing that eating a diet with plenty of phytochemical-rich foods may help protect humans from disease as well. View a sample page, Cruciferous Wonders, or our Recipe List from the second edition.
"Food For Thought: Healing Foods to Savor" features:
- An alphabetical reference of vegetables, fruits, beans/legumes, and whole grains that includes:
- Great tasting recipes, each with complete nutritional analysis
- Storage and preparation tips
- Grocery shopping tips
- Serving ideas
- A guide to understanding protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Healthy eating and living guidelines
- A guide to understanding protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, potassium, and calcium
You can order the cookbook online for $20 plus postage and tax. Quantity discounts are also available. All proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Cancer Prevention and Control Program of Moores Cancer Center.