Recipes and Cookbook
Food for Thought: Healing Foods to Savor: Second edition now available
Be inspired with practical tips on how to purchase and prepare delicious food with eye appeal that will nourish your body, protect your health, and nurture your spirit. The second edition of this cookbook by Sheila Kealey and Vicky A. Newman, with Susan Faerber, is now available.
Order Online Now
About the cookbook
Recipes feature vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes, which have long been recognized as good sources of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. New research suggests that many of these plant foods contain other healing substances including phytochemicals (plant chemicals). These phytochemicals help protect plants from disease, and studies are revealing that eating a diet with plenty of phytochemical-rich foods may help protect humans from disease as well.
View sample PDF pages:
"Food For Thought: Healing Foods to Savor" features:
- An alphabetical reference of vegetables, fruits, beans/legumes, and whole grains that includes:
- Great tasting recipes, each with complete nutritional analysis
- Storage and preparation tips
- Grocery shopping tips
- Serving ideas
- A guide to understanding protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Healthy eating and living guidelines
- A guide to understanding protein, fats, carbohydrates, fiber, sodium, potassium, and calcium
You can order the cookbook online. Quantity discounts are available. All proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Cancer Prevention and Control Program of Moores Cancer Center.