Pediatric Cancer Services
Pediatric Radiation Oncology
Our Radiation Oncology Department is the only provider of pediatric radiation oncology in San Diego County. We are experts in treating common and rare pediatric cancers, and families come to our program for radiation therapy from across Southern California and Mexico. See Radiation Therapy for Pediatric Cancers for more information.
Other Pediatric Cancer Care
For all other types of pediatric oncology care, UC San Diego Health teams with Rady Children's Hospital and Children's Specialists of San Diego. This unified program consolidates clinical teaching, research, education and community service programs, and is San Diego's only health care system dedicated to the health and well-being of children.
Pediatric oncology care is coordinated at the Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders at Rady Children's Hospital. Its achievements include:
- Largest pediatric cancer care program serving San Diego, Riverside and Imperial counties
- Has the only pediatric blood and bone marrow transplant program serving San Diego and Imperial counties
- Formed a research alliance with St. Jude’s Research Hospital and UC San Diego
- Has a Comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease Center
- Discovered a new marker for tumor growth in medulloblastoma that helps determine survival.
For more information or to make an appointment, visit Peckham Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders or call 858-966-5811 or 800-788-9029.
Contact Pediatric Cancer Services