Laboratory and Phlebotomy
The Cancer Center laboratory is part of the UCSD Clinical Laboratory and offers:
- Phlebotomy (blood drawing)
- CBC testing (complete blood count)
- Chemistry testing (basic panel)
- Bone marrow and fine-needle aspiration assistance
- Check in at the front desk in the Infusion Center.
- To avoid delays, verify with your doctor or nurse that you have properly filled out a laboratory service request form prior to your visit.
- Some tests require that you fast (do not eat) prior to a blood draw. Always check with your ordering doctor or nurse to determine if this is necessary prior to your visit.
- While lab tests need to be requested by your physician, you do not need a specific appointment time for phlebotomy labs. Walk-ins are accepted.
- If you have a central venous access device, such as a portacath or PICC line, blood draws will be done in the Infusion Center, and require an appointment time.
On the 1st floor, to the right of the lobby elevators, inside the Infusion Center. Proceed through the double glass doors into the reception area.
Laboratory testing is available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phlebotomy is available Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Phlebotomy Front Desk: (858) 822-6296
For test results, please contact your physician's office.
Contact the UCSD Clinical Laboratory