The infusion center at Moores Cancer Center provides:
- Chemotherapy treatments
- Biological therapies
- Blood transfusions
- Hydration and electrolyte replacement
- Blood draws from central lines
- Dressing changes
To make your visit as comfortable as possible, the Moores Cancer Center infusion center has TVs at every station, as well as books, playing cards and puzzles. Free wireless access, and we encourage you to bring a laptop or mobile devices to help pass the time. A refrigerator and microwave are available so you can bring snacks or lunches. Guests are welcome to join you in the infusion center, or to visit our outdoor healing garden.
- Check in at the front desk in the infusion center. A medical assistant will escort you into the center at your scheduled appointment time.
- The infusion center is staffed by certified physician assistants (PAs) and nurse practitioners (NPs). Certified research nurses are available for patients enrolled in clinical trials. Authorization may need to be obtained from your insurance company prior to beginning treatment.
- Appointment length varies by type of treatment. When you schedule your appointment, ask for the approximate amount of time it will take so you can plan accordingly.
- We encourage you to ask your doctor if lab tests can be drawn up to 24 hours before infusion center appointments. If lab tests are performed on the same day, your infusion center appointment time may be longer due to the time required for lab analysis and test results.
- Dress in comfortable clothes and bring a sweater or jacket.
- If you have a central venous access device, such as a portacath or PICC line, blood draws will be done in the infusion center.
Moores Cancer Center, La Jolla
Room: On the 1st floor to the right of the lobby elevators, past the pharmacy. Proceed through the double glass doors into the reception area.
Hours: Weekdays: 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; holidays and weekends: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day)
Telephone: (858) 822-6294
UC San Diego Medical Center, Hillcrest
Room: UC San Diego Medical Center, 9th Floor, Room 926
Hours: Weekdays: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Telephone: (619) 543-2639
Contact the Infusion Center
- Moores Cancer Center, La Jolla:
- UC San Diego Medical Center, Hillcrest: 619-543-2639